• Hallo Gast, wir suchen den Renner der Woche 🚴 - vielleicht hast du ein passendes Rennrad in deiner Garage? Alle Infos

Team Wolber-Spidel und die Ära Frankreich...

Hi,
Yes, its difficult to workout the extent of the dent in the original black and white photograph....Part of the seat tube is in shade(the sun is to the left of the photo) so only half of the dent is visable in this photo.I will try and take a photo under similar sunny weather conditions...not too much sun here at the moment!. Proportionally, the dent is in the same position on the seat tube and has a similar oblique angle,which i have worked out to scale and with a protractor to measure the angle.
What i do know is it is a Wolber-Spidel team bike thanks to the input from some knowledgeable folk on this forum .For me,part of the fun of a restoration is following the history and see where you end up.My dilemma now is,should i get the dent removed during the frame restoration or leave it as a form of I.D.

All the best and Happy new year,

James
This is such a rare bike, I wouldn't remove the dent. Every bike tells it's own history, and in this particular case the history might be pretty interesting. I think there is no doubt that the bike showed above has the same dent as yours, it seems to be pretty accurate. I am really looking forward seeing your final restoration of the bike! Have a great new year 2021! Greetings from Germany

Anzeige

Re: Team Wolber-Spidel und die Ära Frankreich...
This is such a rare bike, I wouldn't remove the dent. Every bike tells it's own history, and in this particular case the history might be pretty interesting. I think there is no doubt that the bike showed above has the same dent as yours, it seems to be pretty accurate. I am really looking forward seeing your final restoration of the bike! Have a great new year 2021! Greetings from Germany
Hi,thankyou for your advice on this bike and positive feedback.Yes,i think i will keep the dent as it is.

Take care and happy new year

Hi,
Yes, its difficult to workout the extent of the dent in the original black and white photograph....Part of the seat tube is in shade(the sun is to the left of the photo) so only half of the dent is visable in this photo.I will try and take a photo under similar sunny weather conditions...not too much sun here at the moment!. Proportionally, the dent is in the same position on the seat tube and has a similar oblique angle,which i have worked out to scale and with a protractor to measure the angle.
What i do know is it is a Wolber-Spidel team bike thanks to the input from some knowledgeable folk on this forum .For me,part of the fun of a restoration is following the history and see where you end up.My dilemma now is,should i get the dent removed during the frame restoration or leave it as a form of I.D.

All the best and Happy new year,

James
Thanks for the additional pictures. I tried to overlay the two pictures.
260F09E7-50EB-4323-8E98-EA78E9DF7F87.jpeg
E86FD56A-2A09-487D-B816-677A676C526D.jpeg

I would say it's exactly the same bike. If it's not a structural problem I would keep it as it is because it's part of french bicycle history. I like the old picture very much😍

Do you know who these well-trained legs belong to?

Thanks for the additional pictures. I tried to overlay the two pictures.
Anhang anzeigen 879107Anhang anzeigen 879106
I would say it's exactly the same bike. If it's not a structural problem I would keep it as it is because it's part of french bicycle history. I like the old picture very much😍

Do you know who these well-trained legs belong to?
Hi,
Thankyou for taking the time to overlay the two pictures and yes they do seem to match.The legs belong to Graham Jones in 1983 Tour de France.

Anhänge

• 122243474_10224228887568633_3400156871380527377_o wolber 3.jpg
    122243474_10224228887568633_3400156871380527377_o wolber 3.jpg
    311,6 KB · Aufrufe: 90
The wheels on my bike are exactly the same. Would love to have the decals too, so I can start the restoration. Nice find with the picture of the dent. Best regards and a happy new year!
Hi Puntom,

Decal for wolber Bicycle...might be of help to you to reproduce decals.

Cheers,

James

Anhänge

• 8286445129_5b953bc57e_b (2).jpg
    8286445129_5b953bc57e_b (2).jpg
    56 KB · Aufrufe: 73
Zurück
Oben Unten