• Hallo Gast, wir suchen den Renner der Woche 🚴 - vielleicht hast du ein passendes Rennrad in deiner Garage? Alle Infos

Armstrong hat Rücktritt bekanntgegeben.

Auszug von www.thepaceline.com

Apr 18,2005 - Augusta, GA:

Lance Armstrong announced today that he will retire from the sport of cycling on July 24, the final day of the 2005 Tour de France. He noted he wanted to spend more time with his family as well as to work with the cancer community. Lance specifically thanked his family, his sponsors - especially Discovery Channel, Johan Bruyneel, and Sheryl Crow, and the 10 million cancer survivors in here in America.

- Will he race in San Francisco? Is this his last race in America?

If it's after July 24 (and it is) then no, I will not race in San Francisco. But if there's a race in May somewhere I would defintely think about jumping in like I did in Ojai, CA.

- How's your health?

I feel fine right now. I was a little unsure about this race last year, but I had a good result. I feel about the same now as I did last year, and I'd like to win again this year.

- What about your contract with your team sponsor?

In regards to my contract with Discovery Channel it's realy more than 2 years, but I don't have to be on the bike. I do have to do another Tour de France and I would love to be able to go out on top. There are many other ways to be involved and I would love to be able to help develop the next American Tour de France winner.

- Why announce now vs. in July?

The decision is firm and final and I thought it was something that needs to be out there. I am just trying to be upfront and honest about that.

- Will he ever race as an amateur?

If there's a local Mountain Bike Race somewhere in Texas, I might show up - I'll need to get my competitive fix somehow, but I will not do the Olympics in 2008.

Zurück
Oben Unten