• Hallo Gast, wir suchen den Renner der Woche 🚴 - vielleicht hast du ein passendes Rennrad in deiner Garage? Alle Infos

Aktuelles Kartenmaterial für Wahoo ELEMNT BOLT, ROAM, ELEMNT selbst generieren

The App can‘t recognize there are custom maps afaik, so no maps are listed.

The original Wahoo Theme is set by default if there is no vtm-elemnt folder with a theme copied to the Roam. So there is no need to backup it.

need to press: Clear Cache and Restart Wahoo Application at the Elementary App on PC.

1713698036053.png

than it shows the Map in the Elemnt App (and on the Roam), but with the Option "Map Update available" 🤔
1713698482937.png

the Theme (vtm-elemnt) is working as well :)
Which theme is the one from spclzd ?

Many Thanks to that great community here!!!!! 😀:daumen:

Anhänge

• 1713698471125.png
    1713698471125.png
    80,3 KB · Aufrufe: 4
It's normal that you don't see the map on the Wahoo Elemnt app. You uploaded a custom map, the app has no knowledge of it.
The adb commands you list are correct but the Elemntary app is much easier. the clear cache is at the bottom in the app.
I assume you installed a custom theme. Which one did you try?
I would suggest you first check which map tile you live on using the geofabrik map on zoom level 8 https://tools.geofabrik.de/map/?type=Geofabrik_Standard&grid=1#8/52.6850/10.3715 then make sure the tile file is actually on the device. In windows explorer goto your device and check if the tile is in USB storage\maps\tiles\8\X-number folder and if it's size is the same as the file in your map download.
(sometime people disconnect the device from the computer to quick)

If it is, reverd to the wahoo theme by deleting the vtm-elemnt folder in USB storage\maps and in the Elemntary app de-select the vtm_rendering flag. after a restart see if you have a visible map with the wahoo theme.

Normally you should. If so, try uploading a vtm theme and see what happens. You might need to set the vtm_rendering flag in Elemntary again. Some say it's needed, some say it's not because the roam 2 uses vtm by default.

than it shows the Map in the Elemnt App (and on the Roam), but with the Option "Map Update available" 🤔
When maps are downloaded on the device via the wahoo elemnt app there are some json files created in the map folder that contain which files are there and what version they are. But that info is not used/updated when uploading a custom map. So the app probably still sees the "markers" and versions of an earlier installed map.

Which theme is the one from spclzd ?
Ehh, the one with his name 😉 On the OneDrive (wahoomaps.higli.de) in the folder wahooMapsCreator-Maps-> Sample Themes -> vtm -> others.
But keep in mind my maps from that site do not contain everything that spclzd uses in his maps, like graveyards for example.

Thanks Ebe66.

The Folder-Numbers on wahoo now makes sense. :) I live x=137 and y=85 :) map-File is there.

I tried that theme actually:
1713701576704.png

But here is no theme in other with spclzd in name:
1713701656209.png

I deleted and copied all map files again, now the Update Map Flag is gone on the Element App.

Anhänge

• 1713701524956.png
    1713701524956.png
    33,3 KB · Aufrufe: 4
But here is no theme in other with spclzd in name:
Oeps, my bad. I integrated it in my github project but forgot to upload it here apparently.

It's there now.
But again keep in mind that theme is not made for my maps, and it uses 8 colors instead of the roam 2's 16 because it's made for the roam 1

Thanks :), yet another question. Copying one routing folder fails. It seams wahoo device blocks the access?

Computer\ELEMNT-ROAM\Internal shared storage\maps\routing\2\000\823

Its from the brandenburg routing folder.

I tried several times and ways, also with Elemntary App. But the folder keeps empty.

1713704111456.png

Problem with file permission?
Cant delete the folder on wahoo. 🤔

Don't think I can really help with that.
Only thing that comes to mind is that the file is in use. Restart the device and try again without going to the map view first?

Zurück
Oben Unten