• Hallo Gast, wir suchen den Renner der Woche 🚴 - vielleicht hast du ein passendes Rennrad in deiner Garage? Alle Infos

Aktuelles Kartenmaterial für Wahoo ELEMNT BOLT, ROAM, ELEMNT selbst generieren

The App can‘t recognize there are custom maps afaik, so no maps are listed.

The original Wahoo Theme is set by default if there is no vtm-elemnt folder with a theme copied to the Roam. So there is no need to backup it.

need to press: Clear Cache and Restart Wahoo Application at the Elementary App on PC.

1713698036053.png

than it shows the Map in the Elemnt App (and on the Roam), but with the Option "Map Update available" 🤔
1713698482937.png

the Theme (vtm-elemnt) is working as well :)
Which theme is the one from spclzd ?

Many Thanks to that great community here!!!!! 😀:daumen:

Anhänge

• 1713698471125.png
    1713698471125.png
    80,3 KB · Aufrufe: 5
It's normal that you don't see the map on the Wahoo Elemnt app. You uploaded a custom map, the app has no knowledge of it.
The adb commands you list are correct but the Elemntary app is much easier. the clear cache is at the bottom in the app.
I assume you installed a custom theme. Which one did you try?
I would suggest you first check which map tile you live on using the geofabrik map on zoom level 8 https://tools.geofabrik.de/map/?type=Geofabrik_Standard&grid=1#8/52.6850/10.3715 then make sure the tile file is actually on the device. In windows explorer goto your device and check if the tile is in USB storage\maps\tiles\8\X-number folder and if it's size is the same as the file in your map download.
(sometime people disconnect the device from the computer to quick)

If it is, reverd to the wahoo theme by deleting the vtm-elemnt folder in USB storage\maps and in the Elemntary app de-select the vtm_rendering flag. after a restart see if you have a visible map with the wahoo theme.

Normally you should. If so, try uploading a vtm theme and see what happens. You might need to set the vtm_rendering flag in Elemntary again. Some say it's needed, some say it's not because the roam 2 uses vtm by default.

than it shows the Map in the Elemnt App (and on the Roam), but with the Option "Map Update available" 🤔
When maps are downloaded on the device via the wahoo elemnt app there are some json files created in the map folder that contain which files are there and what version they are. But that info is not used/updated when uploading a custom map. So the app probably still sees the "markers" and versions of an earlier installed map.

Which theme is the one from spclzd ?
Ehh, the one with his name 😉 On the OneDrive (wahoomaps.higli.de) in the folder wahooMapsCreator-Maps-> Sample Themes -> vtm -> others.
But keep in mind my maps from that site do not contain everything that spclzd uses in his maps, like graveyards for example.

Thanks Ebe66.

The Folder-Numbers on wahoo now makes sense. :) I live x=137 and y=85 :) map-File is there.

I tried that theme actually:
1713701576704.png

But here is no theme in other with spclzd in name:
1713701656209.png

I deleted and copied all map files again, now the Update Map Flag is gone on the Element App.

Anhänge

• 1713701524956.png
    1713701524956.png
    33,3 KB · Aufrufe: 5
But here is no theme in other with spclzd in name:
Oeps, my bad. I integrated it in my github project but forgot to upload it here apparently.

It's there now.
But again keep in mind that theme is not made for my maps, and it uses 8 colors instead of the roam 2's 16 because it's made for the roam 1

Thanks :), yet another question. Copying one routing folder fails. It seams wahoo device blocks the access?

Computer\ELEMNT-ROAM\Internal shared storage\maps\routing\2\000\823

Its from the brandenburg routing folder.

I tried several times and ways, also with Elemntary App. But the folder keeps empty.

1713704111456.png

Problem with file permission?
Cant delete the folder on wahoo. 🤔

Don't think I can really help with that.
Only thing that comes to mind is that the file is in use. Restart the device and try again without going to the map view first?

Das wird Dank der beitragenden richtig nett! Nun noch die tollen neuen Ideen von "Daniel aka zeniwerken" einbauen, die Zoomstufen für meine alten Augen und die die Trails einbauen und es kann richtig losgehen :)

https://github.com/zenziwerken/Bolt2-Mapsforge-VTM-Rendertheme

Leider wird die Zeit heute doch knapp - werde morgen wohl mit dem aktuellen Stand fahren müssen

Danke!

PS kleine Fehler bei sp:
<m e="way" k="leisure" v="sports_centre" building="yes" zoom-min="8">

stroke-line="butt"

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/237118491#map=16/52.1573/10.9923 hier wäre noch einiges drin :) HILFE

Da habe ich etwas "gemogelt" :(

Meinen Zwischenstand habe ich an @Ebe66 geschickt. Ich hoffe er hat die Muße in zu testen :) Ev. landet er ja auch bei github .

@spclzd Bist du auch in der Telegrammgruppe oder hast WhatsApp?

Mein RoamV1 hat noch einige Fehler. Keine "bring mich zu auf der Karte" und kein Webserver. Zum heulen!

Bei meinem vtm habe ich alle Fehler beseitigt! Leider habe ich noch keine Idee, wie es nun weitergehen könnte!

https://www.komoot.com/de-de/tour/1538416421 hier mal einige Bilder von der Tour und der Darstellung. Die "Mängel" werden sichtbar!

1714240150598.png

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Anhänge

• vtm-elemnt-macdetV2.txt
    22,3 KB · Aufrufe: 3
Good question, all icons are the same. But a piece of the name answer is in the tunnel-transform xml file. The whole thing puzzels me because the name key for supermarkets should be filtered out according to the tags to keep xml. I suspect, also based on something I saw on treee111's GitHub issues page, that the filtering might not work correctly in the Linux version. But I'm not sure. So all icons are just the supermarket.svg with the names from the map file (shortened apparently in some cases) below them.

Hab es mal geladen aber bei meinem Bolt II funktionieren die Supermarkt-Namen, die kleinen Punkte und Zoomstufen nicht wie auf den Screenshots.

Die Icons sehe ich erst bei 100m statt bei 200m Zoomstufe.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
If you are using my maps you will not see supermarket names because they are not in the files. The small dots are additional icon files, make sure you copied them over from his theme.

@spclzd meinst Du das ihr beide als Team da nochmals rangeht. Ich habe ja einige Flächen einfach mit vorhandenen patterns gefüllt.

Wie man auf meiner Tour sieht sind pics zu groß (bekomme ich natürlich hin) und sollten zur Übersichtlichkeit mit den "Punkten" von zeni in. den zoomstufen ersetzt werden.

https://github.com/zenziwerken/Bolt2-Mapsforge-VTM-Rendertheme/blob/main/icons/cemetery_small.svg

Anhang anzeigen 1433497

xml als txt im Anhang

https://www.komoot.com/de-de/tour/1538416421

Wen meinst du mit 'ihr beide als Team'? An dem Theme habe ich alleine gewerkelt, einzig die .svg-Dateien für die POIs wurden von boing beigesteuert.

Ich werde an meinem Theme keine größeren Änderungen vornehmen, weil es für meine Nutzung nahezu ideal funktioniert. Die Ansätze von zenziwerken scheinen mir persönlich keinen Mehrwert zu bringen, insbesondere weil der Übertrag auf den ROAMv1 dank seiner technischen Limitationen nicht ohne größere Kompromisse möglich wäre.

PS kleine Fehler bei sp:
<m e="way" k="leisure" v="sports_centre" building="yes" zoom-min="8">

stroke-line="butt"
Schaue ich mir mal an, Danke.

Was genau ist dein Problem hier? Was mir beim Blick in die OSM-Kartendaten auffällt, ist, dass die drei benachbarten Tagebau(-Restlöcher) unterschiedlich getagged sind als Steinbruch, Deponie und Baustelle. Mit meinem Theme würde also nur einer der drei auf der Karte als Steinbruch angezeigt.

Zurück
Oben Unten