• Hallo Gast, wir suchen den Renner der Woche 🚴 - vielleicht hast du ein passendes Rennrad in deiner Garage? Alle Infos

Der Englische Patient - Major Nichols Renovation Crest Aufbau

@erni65 Ich mache das mal in Englisch, ist einfacher...

I shared the pictures with some chaps I know in England.
Unfortunately no definitive ID has come out of it...

It is definitely not a Gillott. Someone suggested it might be a Rotrax, but then a Rotrax expert commented that the lugs and fork crown do not match any known Rotrax frame, and they always did put the year first in the serial number...

Another suggestion was Uppadine. I have not been able to follow that up, but the frame builder from Woodrup Cycles (Kevin Sayless) told me he owned an Uppadine in his early TT days and did not think it was an Uppadine, as his was nothing very special. But might be worth checking that out...

A last suggestion was that it looked similar to an ex Herne Hill hire track bike someone bought. He mentioned it was built by Phonix Cycles - a maker builder I have not been able to track down. Might be a typo... I asked if he had some pictures to share, but to no result so far.

The Veteran Cycle Club might be a last resort to attach a name to the frame.

Cheers, Rogier

Danke Rogier,
das ist wirklich spannend!!!
Du hast sehr gute Kontakte. Wäre natürlich toll, wenn der Cycle Club etwas weiß.
Mit den Infos werde ich auch mal forschen....
Auf bald, Ernst

Zurück
Oben Unten