• Hallo Gast, wir suchen den Renner der Woche 🚴 - vielleicht hast du ein passendes Rennrad in deiner Garage? Alle Infos

Endurace CF SL 7 eTAP or Cube Agree C:62 Race

AdrianCG

Neuer Benutzer
Hi all,

Probably a common question in different forms, but I am hoping for some advice as I am quite torn in a decision between a Canyon Endurace CF SL 7 eTAP (Rival eTAP) and Cube Agree C:62 Race (ultegra di2) both the new twelve speed.

https://www.cube.eu/2022/bikes/road/road-race/agree/cube-agree-c62-race-carbonnblack/https://www.canyon.com/en-at/road-b...olor=GY/BK&dwvar_3365_pv_framesize=S&history= 1

I am an absolute beginner (never had a road bike or a decent bike >400Eur) so not sure what I want but my inclination is for road biking longer distances (avg. speed, not really racing but I target 50k~100k rides). I am a bit on the heavier side and not interest in race/sprint so weight difference would be a secondary factor in a bike.

They are both the same price (also not willing to hike the price) and apart from the Shimano vs SRAM difference the strong points for each that I see are:
-Canyon comes with power meter and wider cassette (should help with hills), the detachable battery would be a + for me (battery life not really an issue)
-Cube comes with the new di2 which is supposedly better/smoother at shifting than the old di2 which already was somewhat considered better than SRAM eTap. +the additional buttons for controlling the bike computer (intend to get one)

If shifting was identical than I would lean towards the Canyon due to the simplicity in shifting, the battery system from the SRAM and the power meter would be more important than the bike computer buttons from the di2.
But the pain point is that I really do not know how much weight to put on the general opinion that di2 has smoother shifting.

Really grateful for any input especially form people that had the opportunity of experiencing both.
Tanks!

I would go for a Cube Agree Race 2022 with the new 12 speed Ultegra Di2. I like Shimano better that SRAM. But you will have difficulties to find a Cube Agree Race 2022, its sold out everywhere with long delivery times. Ppl placed their orders in August 2021 for the Agree 2022 version and are still waiting for their bikes. So you should aim for the 2023 bikes in 2-3 months and expect delivery in 2024.

Canyon has a different order policy. You can only place your order, if the bike can be delivered in 2 months or so. So you have to be lucky to place your order just when a new batch of bikes becomes available on their website. Otherwise they are sold out as well.

Ordering your dream bike right now is quite a challenge.

I would go for a Cube Agree Race 2022 with the new 12 speed Ultegra Di2. I like Shimano better that SRAM. But you will have difficulties to find a Cube Agree Race 2022, its sold out everywhere with long delivery times. Ppl placed their orders in August 2021 for the Agree 2022 version and are still waiting for their bikes. So you should aim for the 2023 bikes in 2-3 months and expect delivery in 2024.

Canyon has a different order policy. You can only place your order, if the bike can be delivered in 2 months or so. So you have to be lucky to place your order just when a new batch of bikes becomes available on their website. Otherwise they are sold out as well.

Ordering your dream bike right now is quite a challenge.
Hi, thanks.

Did you get to experience both, and if there is a significant difference?

Availability is weird yes, and I have been eying the cube for 2 months now but my size was never in stock or overpriced 4700EUR WTF ? On Canyon I have a confirmed order for later next month so to some extent I am covered but still not sure if I should just stay with the Canyon or try to get the Cube if it appears.

I bought the Agree SLT 2022 with the new Dura Ace and I quite like the bike. If you want the new Shimano 12 speed, Dura Ace (EUR 5.700) or Ultegra (EUR 3.500), Cube has the best offer hands down from ALL big brands. Other bike brands charge at least EUR 3.000 more. The Agree Race has a heavy wheelset that should be replaced with a carbon one, the Agree SLT already has a good Mavic wheelset.

The Agree has the new Ultegra, the Endurace has the SRAM Rival grouset. The new Ultegra Di2 is above the Rival in terms of quality and weight. If both bikes cost the same, I would go for the Agree.

But if you havent ordered an Agree Race yet, dont expect to get one in 1-2 months without being exceptionally lucky. If you want to have a bike ready for the summer, stick to the Endurace. Its an older frame that needs an update (no integration), but yet a very relaxed and on point geometry that many ppl like. You cant go wrong with an Endurace as your first high value bike.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
The Agree should have the typical somewhat race-oriented Cube rider position above the bottom bracket, with the weight distribution leaning toward the front of the bike. I had a Canyon Endurace last year and the sitting position was leaning towards the back, which I personally do not like at all. Sold it and got a Cube (again). The steering of the Agree should also be somewhat more direct, but I only have owned the older Agree, which had a very race-oriented geometry. The Endurace is a mixed bag, it has the geometry of an endurance bike (high front), but at the same time a pretty stiff frame, which is only comfortable with this special leafspring seat post.

The Agree should have the typical somewhat race-oriented Cube rider position above the bottom bracket, with the weight distribution leaning toward the front of the bike. I had a Canyon Endurace last year and the sitting position was leaning towards the back, which I personally do not like at all. Sold it and got a Cube (again). The steering of the Agree should also be somewhat more direct, but I only have owned the older Agree, which had a very race-oriented geometry. The Endurace is a mixed bag, it has the geometry of an endurance bike (high front), but at the same time a pretty stiff frame, which is only comfortable with this special leafspring seat post.
Funny, I couldn't really document myself a lot on actual frame geometry and feel, as it seems to be personal feel with opinions allover the place. To add to the context, I am not really flexible (cant touch my toes without a bit of bend in my knees) so I am quite afraid of specific race geometry.

Thanks' for the input

Zurück
Oben Unten