• Hallo Gast, wir suchen den Renner der Woche 🚴 - vielleicht hast du ein passendes Rennrad in deiner Garage? Alle Infos

Kennt jemand Plume Sport???

B

bustamania

Hallo zusammen!

Euer ganz grossartiges Forum hat mir schon oft gute Dienste geleistet. Auf der Suche nach Informationen zu meinem aktuellen Projekt bin ich jedoch im Netz bisher gescheitert.

Ich habe einen Plume Sport Rahmen mit Reynolds 531 Rohren und wunderschön verchromten Nervex Pro Muffen ersteigert. Vielleicht hat ihr der ein oder andere von euch bei Ebay gesehen. Das Reynolds Decal ist laut classicrendevous aus den 60ern-70ern. Die hinteren Ausfallenden sind nicht gelabelt, die Gabel, die ich für original halte (?), hat Tange-TF-R-Ausfallenden. Der Rahmen ist teilweise verchromt und hat keine Nummer. Das Innenlager und der Steuersatz sind Campa, Gewinde BSA.
Laut
http://www.rennrad-news.de/forum/showthread.php?t=21044
ist Plume ein belgischer Hersteller gewesen.

Ich würde einfach gerne das Alter ein bischen näher eingrenzen um zu wissen, was ranpassen würde. Vielleicht kann mir ja der ein oder andere alte Hase von euch weiterhelfen?!

Fotos folgen.

Anhänge

• IMG_4723_2.jpg
    IMG_4723_2.jpg
    52 KB · Aufrufe: 833
  • IMG_4728_2.jpg
    IMG_4728_2.jpg
    49,7 KB · Aufrufe: 399

Anzeige

Re: Kennt jemand Plume Sport???
AW: Kennt jemand Plume Sport???

Ich tippe auf einen Rahmen vom Radladen Plum aus Gent. Der existierte immer noch, inklusive Eigenmarke. http://www.plum-gent.com/
Als ich in Gent studierte, so vor 20 Jahren, war das mein bevorzugter Händler. Auf deren Website steht auch die Firmengeschichte.

AW: Kennt jemand Plume Sport???

Zeig doch mal nen paar mehr Fotos Deines Plume!
Zumindest mich würde das interessieren...

Hello,
I got informations about your beautiful bike: Plume Sport has nothing to do with Plum Vainqueur; the 1srt one is from Brussel, the 2nd from Gent.
It's quite famous: Willy Planckaert won the maillot vert in the Tour de France 1966 on a Plume Sport bike with the Romeo Smiths team...
your's seems being made during the sixties; the ends of the seatstays were typical of these times...
if it's a real plume sport, you should find a signature under the bottom bracket: PS + 4 numbers.
more pictures & info about this belgian constructeur here: http://veloretrocourse.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=art&action=display&thread=334&page=1
(sorry it's all in french... & I don't speak german at all, sorry -again-)
A bientôt!

Wonderful information! The serial number is PS 3289, so it is a real Plume Sport. Do you know how many still exist and do you have one yourself?? Maybe some pictures of other bikes? I will post some more pics in the french forum. Just registered. Thank you for finding this post :)

Hi,
Ok, it's a real one... I got 2 of them: the ones you find on this thread. The blue one was made on 1962, its serial number is 2519; your's is a little bit later. The damaged green one (with red fork) has the number 73009 & was made in 1973: the classification changed for more convinience when Jacques, the actual owner took the shop over, after his father retired in the early 70's. As you can read on the same thread, we are in contact once a week with him, shop owner/framebuilder, aka le VGM, Jacques Van de Crypt. He is almost retired but he still can't give up the job: making few repairs, giving advices, telling stories abouts racers, etc, for old customers & passionnates (like me). He stopped framebuilding in the 80's. But he still have the registrers with the date & the serial number of every frame that was built in the atelier. Next week, we'll check your's. & I'll give you the exact date of construction...
most of handmade racebikes like yours were build (from the 60's) with R531, Bocama lugs (or Prugnat as yours seems to be -or maybe is it Nervex pro?-), equiped with Campagnolo parts (including rear & front drop-outs) & customised Brooks saddle (you recognize a customized PS Professional by the large 7th rivet on the rear part). Your's is thus exactly -as far as I can see- & fully period correct...

Haha, incredible! You still know the guy who built my bike! Actually, I have some bike passionate friends who live in Brussels. I met them last year in Italy at OTM bikes, where we built our own frames. I always wanted to go there and meet them again, maybe I can make a visit at Jacques van de Crypt's shop and you could show me your collection of belgic bicycles...
Are you sure about the Prugnat lugs? I always thought they are Nervex Professionals.

no, I'm not sure, as I edited my message. ... Just look under the BBshell, you'll find the answer, I think...
I also think that Jacques was a llitle bit too young when your frame was build but he surely made the montage or, at least, helped to it. We'll know this for sure in a few days...
A visit? Yes, why not... but I don't have so many belgian bikes, just 1 or 2, Munny is the one passionnate almost exclusively by belgian builders... You can see my collection there: http://veloretrocourse.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=perso&action=display&thread=40
& Munny's one here: http://veloretrocourse.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=perso&action=display&thread=30 (with a beautiful Kessels Molteni)

Here are some pics a friend of mine once took of the bike (sorry for wrong sided). The brake levers are already lower, the tubular tires are still not straight glued but I wanna rebuild the wheels anyway. With new rims if I find some. The BB shell does not have any Nervex labels. I just thought this Nervex Professional pattern is unique and was exclusively used by Nervex.
Record brakes would be nice, but I don't think the prices are really justified, since the GS only have the less pretty opening mechanism.

large_DSC05589i.JPG

large_DSC05587l.JPG

large_DSC05582ik.JPG

large_DSC05585.JPG

You're welcome, Bustamania. Avec plaisir.
I was wrong when I said Prugnat; it's definitely Nervex, of course.
As I look at those pictures, the frame could have been built in the 60's, repaint & modified later. Because those yellow decals were the last ones used before the vinyls stickers in the mid 80's. & because of those " passe-cables" -I don't know the english word for it- on the top tube. Next tuesday will give us light.
here is Yvo Molenaers bike from 1968, with Agrati lugs & the same seatstays ends as your frame... (the Stickers are not originals)
small_34..jpg

That's a beautiful bike. It might very well be that my bike was newly painted and even chrome plated. The surface below the chrome is quite rough at some parts.

Zurück
Oben Unten